Now What: A Guide to Retirement During Volatile Times

Introducing Ken’s new book: Can I Retire?

http://caniretirebook.com/

If you would like a Free Copy, please email us your name and address


Excerpts from the book:


“Where you go and what you do after you retire all depends on the individual. Whether its travel, volunteering, spending time with family or friends, there’s no end to what you can do once you’ve retired. As long as you’ve planned and prepared for it as best you can by budgeting, consulting with advisors, investing and comparing plans, then your golden years should be both merry and bright.” – Ken Mahoney

A lot of people make the mistake of embarking on their retirement years without their family’s support, or without thinking it through all the way. That’s the first mistake they make, and one that can cost them a smooth transition into retirement. Don’t be one of the people who make so many mistakes during their first year of retirement and spend several more years just making up their losses, which, with the benefit of hindsight, they could have avoided.

While many books discuss retirement in terms of accumulating wealth, it is equally important to consider how you see yourself in retirement – where you would like to live, what activities you would like to pursue and the associated costs. Once you understand what you want in terms of lifestyle, I think you'll start looking forward to answering the question, “Can I retire?”

Can I retire? Most people today make that decision predicated on their financial situation. But there are other components of retirement I would like you to consider. Most importantly, I would like you to consider having purpose in your life during retirement. The transition of going from working to retirement or from structured to non-structured can be difficult. So it’s important to “transfer” the structure of the “work world” to your own new structure of retirement.


What people are saying about Can I Retire?

This review is from: Can I Retire? (Your Personal Guide To Retirement) (Paperback)
I'm 46 years old and need to be thinking about my "golden years." From what I can see, they aren't always golden for retirees, especially not financially. I want to plan now and yet I wasn't sure where to begin. Can I Retire? (Your Personal Guide To Retirement) was exactly what I needed right now. It helps me get a feel not only for the sum I'll have to live on but also enables me to plan around contingencies such as problems in the future, health situations, and so on. I NEVER would have taken into account all the factors that go into retirement with this book. I do feel kind of smothered by what is in store for me now that I am working out my plan, but I would much rather feel like a "dummy" now than when I'm 65 and have nothing!!! NOW I have time to actually WORK MY PLAN and that's what I'm going to do.

This review is from: Can I Retire? (Your Personal Guide To Retirement) (Paperback)
Just getting by day to day is more of a financial challenge than it's been in several generations but RETIREMENT? Extremely hard especially when we might not be able to rely on social security. We are nearing retirement and have some saved but we certainly have a ways to go before we could ever consider stop working if we want to maintain an okay-to-decent lifestyle. I was thrilled with Can I Retire because the author, Ken Mahoney, obviously knows his stuff and has counseled many people before. His writing is clear and concise and he answers questions people like us - complete novices when it comes to financial stuff like "derivatives" and things like that! - have. For example, what helped us the most is how he guards us against retiring without knowing exactly where we stand before doing so and without having a plan. Too many retirees have found they have to come OUT of retirement to make ends meet and who wants to do that???

This review is from: Can I Retire? (Your Personal Guide To Retirement) (Paperback)
I loved the book. It was filled with smart, practical ideas that anybody can do in preparation for retirement. I recommend the book to anyone young or old, looking for ways to be smart about their money before and after retirment